Monday, January 11, 2010

THE KINGDOM OF JESUS CHRIST


Praying the Names of Jesus

“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven
and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:9-11

Praying the Names of Jesus

“The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.” Hebrews 1:3a
“while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ…”Titus 2:13.

Prayer

Our Father: may Your Name be hallowed, may Your Kingdom come, may Your Will be done -as in heaven, so in earth. Accomplish Your Purpose, and establish the Kingdom of Your dear Son in us: individually as disciples, corporately as the Church, and collectively in all creation; that Christ may be All in All. As we seek first Your Kingdom, may all that we need be added to us, whether it is daily bread or forgiveness of sins. Conform us to the image of Your Son that we may live as One Body. Deliver us from evil by raising up overcomes who will have the Revelation of Christ and will bear the Testimony of Jesus, demonstrating the pre-eminence of Your Son over sin, self, and our enemy; who overcome by the blood of the Lamb, the word of their Testimony, and the laying down of their lives. The Kingdom, the Power, and the Glory are yours. Of the increase of your Kingdom there will be no end; You have given all power in heaven and in earth to Your Son; and through His Name every knee will bow and every tongue will confess to Your Glory. Reveal the glory of Your Son that we may know Him, and as He must increase, so we must decrease. Maranatha! Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus.

1. I AM(EGO EIMI)

Jesus answered,” before Abraham was born, I am!” John 8:58
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM…” Exodus 3:13-14
“I AM the resurrection and the life…” John 11:25a
“I AM the bread of life” John 6:35
“I AM the way the truth and the life.” John 14:6
“I AM the light of the world.” John 8:12
“I AM the true vine and my Father is the gardener.” John 15:1

Jesus, whose name means “Yahweh is Salvation,” is the great I AM—the one who is always present with us whether or not we recognize him.
Jesus is God. Matthew 16:15-16; Mark 14:61-62


2. LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH
(ARYEH LAMMATTHEH YEHUDAH, LEON EK TOU PHYLES IOUDA)

“Do not weep! See, the lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.” Revelation 5:5

When you pray to Jesus as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, you are praying to the One with the power to banish all fear, to the One who watches over you with fierce protecting love. You are also praying to the One who is Judge of the living and the dead. Jesus is in charge of history.

Jesus, you are the lion of the Tribe of Judah. Thank you for your fierce love and your strong protecting power. Come with your might and rule over us. Defeat your enemies and ours, extending your reign throughout the universe.

The Lord is a Lion who does battle for his people. Isaiah 31:4-5



3. KING OF KINGS(BASILEUS BASILEON)

On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Revelations 19:16

The world has never seen a king like Christ, a ruler mightier than any earthly
sovereign and more powerful than the unseen powers of the universe.
When you pray to Jesus, the King of kings, call to mind the mastery not only over human beings but over nature, disease, and death itself.

Lord Jesus, my all-powerful King, I praise you for your humility. Help me to seek first your kingdom, forsaking my desire to build my own small kingdom. Infuse me with the values of your kingdom. Help me(us) to love my enemies, do good to those who hate me, serve the poor, and spread the good news of the kingdom everywhere I go. Amen.

A kingdom is the Governing influence of a King over his territory, impacting it with his personal will, purpose and intent, producing values, morals and a lifestyle that reflect the King’s desires and nature for his citizens.
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the majesty, and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all (1 Chronicles 29:11).



4. BRIDEGROOM, HUSBAND(NYMPHIOS, ANER)

Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!
Revelation 19:9

Lord Jesus, you left your Father’s house to come to earth and claim me as your own. Thank you for showing me what love is by the way you lived your life. Preserve me (us) from both worldliness and weariness as I (we) await your return. I (we) pray that on that great and terrible day, I(we), along with all your people, will be ready, eagerly awaiting your return as our Saviour and our Bridegroom. Amen.

“For God is a consuming fire”! Hebrews 12:29
Consuming fire is the passion of God totally engaged and active, revealing unstoppable determination.

“Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” Revelation 21:9

No comments:

Post a Comment